It isn’t required, but it will dramatically extend the life of your nerd manicure for up to two weeks. We highly recommend just a single layer of top coat!
As a general rule, we’ve found that a number of the fast dry top coats react poorly with our nail wraps and may damage your nerd manicure before you’ve had time to enjoy it! Below we have compiled a list of recommended top coats, as well as top coats that haven’t meshed well with our nail wraps and should be avoided. If you would like to see a particular top coat added to this list, please send us an email at Support@EspionageCosmetics.com with your personal experiences. We’d like to keep this list as updated as possible!
Nerd Misfit Approved – Yaaaaaas!
- Beauty Secrets Top Coat
- Essie Gel Setter Top Coat
- FingerPaints Endless Wear Top Coat
- Formula X Shine Nail Top Coat
- Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Nail Enamel
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish Top Coat
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Wild Shine Top Coat
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Wild Matte Top Coat
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Glitter Top Coat
Bad Mojo – Nope. Nope. Nope.
*Try to avoid quick dry top coats
- China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat
- INM Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat
- Julep Freedom Polymer Top Coat
- Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat
- Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Base & Top Coat
- Sally Hansen Ultimate Shield Base & Top Coat
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
- Essie No Chips Ahead